Life As We Know It

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Jaime is finally kicking the diaper habit..

So, I decided pretty much yesterday, Jaime was done with diapers. I've had to order them from Amazon for some time now, because she was wearing a size 7.. which they don't carry at stores. She has been peeing off and on in the potty for a few months now, but not consistently, and with a new baby coming, I didn't have the time nor energy to try to potty train her then. BUT now the diapers are hurting her legs & she blows through them in like 2 hrs..
She has been wearing panties for two days. We went to Costco last night, and I asked her to tell me if she had to pee, which she is pretty good about, but peed her pants anyway. Today, she peed her pants twice while outside playing. But while inside, she went right in to the bathroom and peed.. so I don't know what the difference is. I think maybe she is forgetting in all the playing outside excitement that she isn't wearing a diaper. My chiropractor actually gave me the idea to offer her a penny for pee & a quarter for poop, to put into her piggy bank, and what do you know, she POOPED today in the potty!
Before she did, she asked me where her diapers were. I told her the diaper fairy came and took her diapers and gave them to all the babies that needed them..

I know she's just beginning, but this is one GIANT step forward! I'n so proud of her!!


No comments:

Post a Comment